Saturday 16 January 2010

Battle of Mollwitz,part2

The end of the month is coming up fast,and as I stated I am hosting a refight of Mollwitz,using the Black Powder rules.Normally I would use the rules that John,my long time wargames opponent put together from the ideas of Grant and Featherstone, but I was asked by the Durham Group to provide a battle to use with the BP rules.
Basing the armies around the details provided by Charles Grant I have opted for the following sized game.
Prussians; C in C.. Frederick ,I hope that this will be only a fleeting appearence,as I intend to have a special rule in place to allow the chance that he will run away,as per history
Anyway there will be 2 Grenadier Batallions [36 figs each], 2 Garde Batallions,8 Line batallions.
Using the BP ratings these will be very powerful with various abilities unfortunately.
The Prussian cavalry were miserable on the day and will be represented by 2 heavy cavalry regiments and 1 hussar regiment.There will also be 3 field batteries.
Austrians;
C in C;.. Neipberg
2 Grenadier batallions, 7 line batallions.Their brigadiers will have a pretty poor rating to reflect the performance.
The austrian cavalry was very good,and will consist of 4 Heavy Cavalry regiments [24 figs each]2 Hussar regiments [24 figs each]
There will also be 2 field batteries.
Mollwitz is not a large game,but has problems for both sides,so hopefully it wont be a complete walkover for the Prussians.My main aim is to have an enjoyable days gaming,with a few laughs along the way.

1 comment:

  1. I reckon this will be a spectacular game with the high standard of painting and modelling you have .The game will be full of entertainment and incident going by what I've read about Black Powder.
    Great stuff,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating