Monday 1 February 2010

The battle around Mollwitz


Conclusion.
There were mixed views from the players of Mollwitz. One view was that the Black powder rules failed to reflect the nuances of the Seven Years War and therefore were poor rules. My view [ granted I was the winner] was that on the whole the rules were perfectly fine, especially the command rules, and that the fault lay with the faulty deployment of the Prussian high command.
It is a poor tradesman who blames his tools. Anyway enough of the crowing, the day was meant to be a fun day and hopefully that was achieved. All in all not a bad way to start the week.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice game, you obviously didn't tweak the rules enough to give Fritz a chance! Any way trust I shall see you at York! more tales of old coppers saying how it used to be good in the old days!!!
    Maybe I could squeeze an invite out of you next time
    All the best
    Graham C

    ReplyDelete

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating