Thursday 12 August 2010

My enforced Stay off work




I suppose one good thing by being generally off colour,is that you can finish some projects that were on the back burner.

Mine was this battalion of Minden French. I have several half completed units of these lovely figures,but I just find them difficult to paint. I think basically its because they deserve such a good paint job,and I dont think I have that skill.
Their faces are well done and deserve a 'Saxon Dog' finish,however I know that I just havent got that in me,anyway they are finished and ready to go,which is the main thing.
I tend to exagerate my flags [ thats really that I like BIG flags] and being the cheapscape I am I also used only one drummer per unit.
I do like them now that I heve finished it,but I still cant find a quick but accurate way to paint white.

1 comment:

  1. Don't sell yourself and your painting short! I think you produce marvelous work. Now, what is the regiment above? The red and white/light grey is striking, and the flag is stunning.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating