Monday 9 August 2010

A visit to Jackdaw Miniatures


Being in the area of New Kyo [why would you?] I dropped in to see the new jackdaw Miniatures command groups.Needless to say I ended up buying the group of four figures.I also got sight of the French Dragoons,both at rest and charging.
Once more the wargame brain engaged and the common sense one went west. I need this unit,the French Dragoon resplendent in cap just looks the part.
Some collectors may dislike them but personally I find the Jackdaw range as it grows perfect for OSW.
I also got sight of the British guard in full dress,again they look perfect albeit a swine to paint [all that lace]
Andy assures me that as each new figure comes out,the aim is to go for a single casting as opposes to the loose arm,which has caused me problems.
All in all I would recommend the range.

1 comment:

  1. Greetings and felicitations from the Reich Duchy of Beerstein. Thanks for the great photos...

    ReplyDelete

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating