Thursday 5 March 2015

When my Mojo stalls.

 Like a lot of wargamers, my painting mojo will struggle, and I will stop painting units. What I have found helps me to restart the painting process, is to paint up command and single figures just to get things moving again.
 Its quite amazing just how many single painted figures I seem to now have, which either means I lose my mojo often, or I should consider going in for skirmish games. Either way I do find it helps me.
 I was very kindly sent a box of Willie horses the other week, and I have found that Front Rank figures fit them very nicely. Front Rank aren't my favourite SYW figures but they do go well with Wiilie. So I am now going to paint up a unit of French Gendarmes of the Guard, it would be daft not to use the horses.



8 comments:

  1. Robbie,
    I think painting the vignettes or characters just keeps the imagination going, I don't class it as a mojo stall, more of a productive time out whilst you gather the energy for the next unit or three

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Graham,
      Like anything, if you dont have a break you make mistakes and lose momentum.

      Delete
  2. It works for me too, although not with the same impressive final results! Happy Birthday by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to the next battle, only Seven Years to go.

      Delete
    2. hopefully we can concertina them into less time seeing as we're not any of us getting any younger lol!

      Delete
  3. No harm in having the entire French staff college on the tabletop.
    I usually get my inspiration from blogs like this to get back to the paint table when I'm in a funk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul,
      Im past the college stakes and now doing the staff at Versailles.

      Delete
  4. Great looking vignettes, very nice job!

    ReplyDelete

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating